Hello. I’m Catherine Buchan. I’m passionate about compassion, that is, being aware of suffering in oneself and others, and being motivated to alleviate that suffering.
I “walk the talk”. Practicing compassion following periods of chronic stress, some anxiety and two burnouts, has helped me improve my own life immensely. It has, for example, helped me effectively align and balance my dominant, driven mind, with my heart-felt values, and better manage my self-critical, perfectionistic and workaholic tendencies! Consequently, I feel happier, more fulfilled and have more energy than I have in years.
Additionally, I am not only a compassion coach. I am also a qualified psychologist, with a doctorate in counselling psychology, and over 15 years in the field of psychology, including working for the UK’s National Health Service (NHS). What this means is that my clients can have peace of mind, knowing they are in very safe hands.
I live with my husband Mark, currently in Hampshire, and our rescue dog Tommy.
If you want to know more about me, how I overcame my battles with work, health and relationship issues over the years, start here. Read a FREE extract from my latest book The 5 Keys to Burnout Recovery.
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy, Neuro Linguistic Programming & Coaching
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology & Counselling
- Practitioner Doctorate in Counselling Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Evidence-based Treatment (CBT)
- Integrating Mindfulness & Compassion in Professional Practice Certificate
- An Introduction to Mindfulness-based approaches
- Fundamentals of Co-Active® Coaching & Training
- An Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)