Hello. I’m Dr. Catherine Buchan. I’m passionate about compassion, for me this means meaning being aware of suffering in oneself and others, and being motivated to alleviate that suffering.
I “walk the talk”. Practicing compassion following periods of chronic stress, some anxiety and two burnouts, has helped me improve my own life immensely.
It has helped me effectively align and balance my dominant, driven mind, with my heart-felt values, and better manage my self-critical, perfectionistic and workaholic tendencies! Consequently, I feel happier, more fulfilled and have more energy than I have in years, which is why I'm passionate about teaching compassion to others.
Additionally, I am not only a compassion coach. I am also a qualified psychologist, with a doctorate in counselling psychology, and over 15 years in the field of psychology, including working for the UK’s National Health Service (NHS). What this means is that my clients can have peace of mind, knowing they are in very safe hands.
I currently live in Hampshire with my husband Mark and our rescue dog Tommy.
Qualifications and other training
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy, Neuro-Linguistic Programming & Coaching
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology & Counselling
- Practitioner Doctorate in Counselling Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Evidence-based Treatment (CBT)
- Fundamentals of Co-Active® Coaching & Training
- An Introduction to Mindfulness-based approaches
- Integrating Mindfulness & Compassion in Professional Practice Certificate
- An Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
If you'd like to know more about me, how I overcame my battles with work, health and relationship issues over the years you can read a FREE EXTRACT from my latest book "The 5 Keys to Burnout Recovery."