Catherine Buchan’s first career was in the in the travel industry. She worked for a number of years in marketing and PR for various public and private sector organisations within the sector. An experience of burnout sparked a career change and she re-trained in the field of psychology. After completing her initial training, she began in private practice facilitating change in others, particularly in the areas of health, well-being and relationships. Some years later, following completion of a doctorate in counselling psychology, she experienced her second burnout whilst working as a therapist in the NHS. Dr. Buchan wrote “The 5 Keys to Burnout Recovery”, to share her experiences and help others recover from burnout. Over the years, she has developed a special interest in mindfulness and compassion.
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy, Neuro Linguistic Programming & Coaching
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology & Counselling
- Practitioner Doctorate in Counselling Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Evidence-based Treatment (CBT)
- Integrating Mindfulness & Compassion in Professional Practice Certificate
- An Introduction to Mindfulness-based approaches
- Fundamentals of Co-Active® Coaching & Training
- An Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
The Next Step...
To find out more about how you could benefit from our coaching or online programmes